Identifying staffing needs
Assessments of each department's job vacancies or staffing expansions will need to be performed periodically.
The following are the most important steps to manage the process of identifying staffing needs:
- Circulate the job needs’ form to directors of departments and sectors
- Receive the completed forms from concerned departments for review and sign-off
- Compile job needs’ forms and discuss with concerned departments
- Compare vacancies against approved budgets, and strategic and operational plans of each sector / department
- Align required vacancies with the approved organizational structure
- Review job description for existing jobs with respective departments for approval (according to guidelines for job evaluation and description)
- Develop and sign-off on job descriptions for newly created jobs with respective departments (according to guidelines for job evaluation and description)
- Refer signed off job description to Finance Department for approval by competent authorities (according to guidelines for job evaluation and description)
- Prepare a final list of vacancies for approval
- Develop recruitment plan according to approved vacancy list
Want a Policies & Procedures Wiki like this? Sign up and try Staff.Wiki by clicking here.